Max Huber studied at the Kunstgewerbeschule of Zurich, but immediately turned towards a visual culture of contemporary design, influenced by the avant-garde movements of the time. In 1940 he settled in Milan, studying at the Accademia of Brera and he met important designers such as Bruno Munari and Albe Steiner. In the ‘50s he worked with Giulio Einaudi, renewing all the graphics of the publishing house of Turin and he drew the logo of La Rinascente. His activity led him to distinguish himself also in the editorial field. He collaborated with important companies such as Legler, Olivetti, Esselunga, Feltrinelli, Istituto Geografico De Agostini and Nava.
He was also active in the field of teaching. He taught at the Umanitaria of Milan, at the Scuola Politecnica di Design, at CSIA of Lugano and was a member of the Alliance Graphique Internationale.
Huber received the Compasso d'Oro in 1954 thanks to the project “plastica stampata”.
In 2005, MAX, the Max Huber Museum that collects the legacy of the master, was inaugurated in Chiasso.
Subscribe to the Newsletter! - 20% discount.